School Closure in the event of a local lockdown
Please read the attached document which outlines the school's responses to the different tiers of local lock down. All changes will be communicate with parents as soon as we know them.
General school closure advice
The school could have an emergency closure due to severe weather or other unexpected circumstances for the two reasons below:
- The school cannot be accessed / is not safe for children and staff.
- Not enough teaching / support staff can travel in to ensure children’s safety (all reasonable efforts will be made to ensure provision).
A localised decision to open based on consideration of all factors will be made by 8am. It could be the case that there is partial opening (possible in the case of depleted staff numbers).
All reasonable efforts are made to communicate as efficiently as possible.
- A text message will be sent to all email and linked mobile phones for staff and parents including Pre-school. Please ensure that contact details are up-to-date at all times in the school office.
- The school website will have a notification on the ‘Welcome’ page.
- There will be closure information sent to the ‘Somerset Learning Platform’ (SLP) https://slp.somerset.org.uk/SitePages/Home.aspx scroll to the bottom left of the page for school notifications.
- Local radio stations report mass closure information regularly (i.e. flooding / snow related) from the information sent to the SLP.
These closure procedures will be followed for each separate day of closure.