Friday 3rd July
Good morning, year 2! Thank you for all your hard work this week. Today is ‘Catch up Friday’ so please use today to catch up with any home learning that you need to complete this week or choose from any of the activities below. Have a great day!
Look at this picture:
What could you write about it?
Here are a few ideas:
- A WANTED poster for a giant
- A set of instructions for ‘How to wash a giant’s feet’
- A story involving these two characters
- A letter from the helper to a friend describing his horrible experience of washing a giant’s feet!
Today, it’s up to you! Use one of my ideas or come up with one of your own. The only rule is, it must be inspired by the picture!
Today I would like you to make a shop. It can be any kind of shop you like e.g. toy shop, food shop, an ice-cream shop etc. It’s up to you!
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Choose which type of shop you want.
- Write a list of items that your shop will sell. These can be items from around your home or you can draw pictures of them.
- Give each item that your shop sells a price (no greater than 99p). Make a ‘price list’ like this one:
- Your shop will need a till with some money in it. If you want to you could use real coins from your house, or make coins by drawing pictures and cutting them out. Here are the coins we use in England.
- Finally you will need some customers to come and buy some items from your shop.
Here’s the maths part:
- How much does your customer need to pay you to buy the items they want? Add them together. What is the total cost?
- How much change will you need to give your customer? E.g. If they buy 2 ice-creams which cost 80p altogether, how much change will they need if they pay with a £1 coin?
I’ve heard that lots of you are starting to go to lots of exciting places that you haven’t been able to go to for a long time. Especially the beach! Can you design a poster all about how to stay safe at the beach? Here is a really handy website which can give you lots of ideas:
See if you can spot all of the dangers in this picture to give you some ideas: