Friday 30th April
Happy Friday everyone! It seems to have been a very long and busy week, I think the rain has put a dampener on my mood! This has definelty been improved by all of the lovely emails I have received this week, so thank you everyone!!
Today we have some vocabulary for English and counting in steps for maths. I would like you to continue with your VE day pictures today for your final task to make sure they are competition ready!
If you haven't tried out Numbots yet, why not give it a go! you use the same login details as tt rockstars but it looks at lots of other maths skills instead of times tables.
Don't forget our game at 2pm on zoom. Check your emails for invites
Here are you three new words for this week. Just like last week,
1. Research the word and understand its meaning.
2. Use the word in a sentence. (See if you can use it when talking to someone in your household.)
3. Draw a picture to accompany the new word that has been learnt.
Maths: Count in steps of 2, 3, and 5 from 0, and in tens from any number, forward and backward
1. Have you been missing Times tables at school? I know I have! Get a grown up to write down 20 different times table questions in the 2, 5 and 10 times table. Time yourself and see how fast you can answer them! I’d love to know your score!
2. There are lots of different ways you can pratice counting steps of: 2, 3, 5 and 10. It’s really important we can do it from any number as well as backwards.
Can you think of any other ways of counting in different steps?
3. Here's one of your favourite games to play on your iPad, phone or laptop to practice your times tables: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
Once we have had some practice I’ll make sure I include these on your TTRockstars!
4. We haven’t had much learning time focusing on our 3 times table. Now is your time to learn it! I would like you to write it out properly:
1 x 3 = 3
2 x 3 = 6
Here's a song to help you learn them!