English Task – Week 2
The focus for our week 2 English task is to investigate Stonehenge and the Bronze Age. The aim is to produce either a poster or a PowerPoint that includes relevant facts about the 5 main areas to focus on. Each focus point will need to be researched about and then added to the poster/PowerPoint. I have split them into days to make it more manageable.
- Day 1: When and how was Stonehenge built/finished? Explain how the materials were transported and from where?
- Day 2: What was it built and used for? There are many theories about this, write about a couple.
- Day 3: How does this compare with how Stonehenge is used today? Tourism, Summer solstice etc.
- Day 4: Why is it called the Bronze Age? When was it? And what changes did this create for early humans?
- Day 5: What is a barrow? What was found in barrows in the Bronze Age? What information would this tell us about the people buried in the barrow?
- Build a paper model of Stonehenge.
- Match the barrow (grave goods) items to the description.
- Write about or draw any further information you would like to include about Stonehenge or the Bronze Age.