Westonzoyland Primary School
‘Achieving, Learning and Growing Together’
- The Rainbow Fish's scales 'shimmer'. Can you find other words that could be used to describe the scales?
- At one point in the story, the Rainbow Fish becomes the 'loneliest fish in the entire ocean'. Try a role play activity to interview him and find out how he is feeling. Can you suggest things that he could do to find some friends?
- Can you rewrite the story (or a part of it) as a playscript? Could you perform this to others?
- The story includes lots of different types of punctuation. Can you find each type and explain why they have been used?
- A number of adverbs are used in the text, e.g. playfully, carefully. Can you find out what an adverb is and find some more?
- Find out how to write in the first / third person. Can you rewrite the story from the Rainbow Fish's point of view?
- Create a set of instructions to teach people how to look after a pet (rainbow) fish.
- Write a story about a different 'rainbow' animal, e.g. a Rainbow Bird, a Rainbow Butterfly or a Rainbow Chameleon. What might happen to them?
- Can you write a book review of this story to tell others your opinion about it?