* How did the Giant feel about Jack stealing from him? Write a diary from the perspective of the Giant, talking about the day Jack stole his golden hen. Was he sad or angry? Use our Storytime Diary Sheet.
* Was Jack right to trade Milky-White for the beans? Was he right to steal from the giant? Should he have climbed the beanstalk a second and third time? Talk about how Jack behaved. What adjectives would you use to describe him?
* Write a letter from Jack apologising to the Giant for stealing his things.
Art and DT
*Make a castle out of junk materials. (Please send me photos of this- use loo roll, egg boxes, cardboard bits, and cereal boxes)
* Make your own giant and write a description about how to make it with recycled materials e.g. boxes, cylinders
* Use different kinds of dried beans and glue to make textured pictures. Use light and dark beans to create patterns, make the letters J, A, C, K from beans or fill in the outline of a beanstalk leaf with beans. Look up “kids bean art” on Google Images and Pinterest for inspiration.
* Use kitchen or toilet rolls as a centre and paint or colour the rolls green. Next get each child in your house to write their name on a green beanstalk leaf. Every day, make your beanstalk grow a bit taller and add a new leaf with a question on for the giant. Send in your questions and see if the giant answers them.