For more information about what your child is learning about in class, please contact your child's teacher.
Children in Pre-School and Reception (foundation) follow all requirements of the ‘Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage’ whilst pupils in Years 1 - 6 follow that laid down in the National Curriculum (2014) . Foundation subjects are planned and taught through an over-arching whole school curriculum learning expedition. Teachers plan together to ensure that learning builds on existing knowledge is engaging and meaningful to the children and ensures appropriate coverage and progression.
The curriculum is designed to help pupils:
- to widen their use of language, in its written and spoken forms;
- to develop their mathematical skills and to help them apply those skills effectively;
- to develop an interest in Science, Technology, and the environment;
- to express themselves through Music, Drama and a variety of Arts and Crafts;
- to develop an understanding of both the History and Geography of the local and global environment;
- to develop their physical co-ordination and confidence;
- to develop a respect for religious and moral values, as well as an understanding of other races, religions and ways of life.
- to increase their knowledge of a modern foreign language i.e. French
The National Curriculum (2014), to which the children are entitled, is laid down by the DFE.